Monday 4 February 2013

2d Walk cycle


Informed by the photographs of Eadweard Muybridge (below) I have made my very own homemade 2D walk cycle.



First of we have the steps planned out. I've chosen to use four 'frames' over the course of 1 second.



If I animate this walking past it looks pretty legit. Obviously there's only one foot, but it does look like it's walking.



For the purposes of video game animation, I will be animating the walk cycles on the spot - Moom will not move around forwards in Maya. So first let's show this in my 2D animation:



Yep, definitely looks like a single leg on a treadmill. If I add in a second leg behind the first (greyed out to distinguish it) I have the whole set.


Just to check this still looks right when moving, I've moved the legs forward each time:


Well this looks pretty good to me. now I know where the feet will be at every quarter of a second I can transpose that into Maya and hopefully let the computer fill in the majority of the movement for me.


2 comments:

  1. Just one word for this......Superb 2d animation studios

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this blog again soon
    2d animation studios

    ReplyDelete