Monday 4 February 2013

Walk cycle - First Attempt.


Using the 'Moom' character rig (http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/character-rigs/c/moom-v4-0-3-by-ramtin). This cycle is 40 (39) frames long.

To be frank, this is pretty rubbish, but that's to be expected considering it's my first attempt animating a 3D character. I think I have the basics of how to actually move the rig about sorted in my head now, the trouble I've been having has been knowing which parts to move, and how.

For instance, in this cycle the legs raise far higher than they should do while moving forwards. I tried to emulate the secondary motion (movement of the head/hips/etc) but this has come out rather exaggerated. In my future attempts I need to be more subtle.

I'm going to reduce the cycle down in  4 frames, and draw them out in 2 dimensions first, then take that into Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment