Monday 11 February 2013

My own Run Analysised

Now we come to the 'run cycle', the second of the three animation cycles I will be making using Moom. I've already recorded my own run using the same technique I used for my walk.




I marked points at similar intervals to the walk - 4 frames per cycle. Each cycle will need to be faster than the walk for obvious reasons.

Extracting these points as still images has proved more tricky than with the walk. This is probably because the run is faster and the feet are both off the ground at two points in the cycle. I've made a gif to check my reference frames are accurate. It pops slightly at the end but I do still think it will give me a good enough reference to begin animating from. At any rate, I'd quite like to have a crack at it and see what happens! There are 8 frames in this, I found I needed to add in 4 more frames between the first 4 to capture the motion of my legs moving.



No comments:

Post a Comment